Do you know how to properly fill in your flood insurance claim?
Not having a flood insurance policy can be real danger for you and your family’s wellbeing. In the unexpected event of a severe storm or any type of natural disaster, you need to be aware of all the legal and financial factors involved in the process.
Most insurance companies can offer different types of insurance policies to their clients, including flood or condo insurance. But you need to address yourself to the one that is going to fit your needs better than anyone else.
Insurance agents can even help you in filling out your flood insurance claim properly. You need to make sure that you address yourself to the right people and that you are truly well informed about the subject.
Here are some useful tips you can use:
● Call your agent or insurance company – you should do this as soon as possible and you should also make sure you can accurately specify the name of your insurance company, your policy number and a telephone number where you can be reached.
● Make sure you select the right time frame for which an adjustor can visit your home.
● Keep your agent advised if your contact information changes.
● Keep a sample of damaged items for when the adjustor arrives.
● Take photos of your house and of the damaged property as evidence.
● Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their age and value where possible.
● Contact your insurance company if you haven’t been assigned with an adjustor for a couple of days.
If you want to receive more information on what a flood insurance policy contains and how it can work for you, contact your insurance company in the area of Alvin, Brazoria, Friendswood, Galveston, Houston, League City, Mansfield, Pearland and Texas Gulf Coast, TX, today!